Ipswich ranks as the strongest Queensland price growth region with its $320,000 median house price at almost half the capital, the latest data from the Real Estate Institute of Queensland (REIQ) reveal.
Ipswich's median house price increased by 6.7% over the quarter, the largest gain recorded by any area across Queensland.
Brisbane’s median house price has meanwhile hit $600,000 for the first time, rising by 3.4% over the quarter.
The REIQ’s December quarter 2014 data showed Brisbane’s record median house price was largely the result of the city’s strengthening $1 million plus house market.
- Brisbane infrastructure attracts international interest
- More foreign investors tipped for South-East QLD
- Housing estates on the boom in the northside of the city
- 2017-2018 Queensland Budget
- Queensland’s 2016/17 budget outlines action plan for Gold Coast and Logan