Under the new rules which are yet to be legislated by Parliament, investors will be able to depreciate new plant and equipment assets within a new property and items they add to their property; however subsequent owners who acquire a property after 9th of May 2017 will not be able to claim depreciation on existing plant and equipment assets.
Investors will still be able to claim qualifying capital works deductions, including any additional capital works carried out by themselves or a previous owner.
- The 6 biggest property investment myths
- Invest in property to protect yourself from inflation
- Buyers beware: 7 dangers to avoid in your first investment property
- Queensland’s 2016/17 budget outlines action plan for Gold Coast and Logan
- Get a Better Deal on Your Investment Property with Off The Plan Buying